Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Interview with Evil Lyn

Getting to know Evil Lyn

The Scary Scoop: What was the first horror movie you can remember watching?

Evil Lyn: Gremlins when I was three. It had a profound effect on me. I cried until my Mother threw the movie out of the house. I slept with a lamp on in my room until I was in junior high school.

TSS: Wow. Gremlins really screwed you up.

EL: Laughs. You could say that. I really did not grasp the make believe aspect of movies. To me it was a reality. For instance, Jaws made me afraid of water in all forms. To this day I do not swim in anything but a pool. Even then if you a hum a few bars of the Jaws theme I am back on dry land.

TSS: Name your all time favorite.

EL: Aliens. I felt really claustrophobic watching it. The face huggers. cringe. The whole planet seemed so small when all those Aliens were running around. No where to hide, no escape, etc. Those chestbursters, talk about the worst way to die.

TSS: What movie do you absolutely hate?

EL: House of 1,000 Corpses.

TSS: Really? Not a Rob Zombie fan?

EL: I like Rob Zombie. I enjoyed his vision of Halloween. House of 1,000 Corpses just sucked. I waited for it to be released for years. All I got out of watching it was a raging headache. All of his movies since then have ranged from tolerable to pretty good. Just that one. Cannot stand it.

TSS: What movie did you most recently watched?

EL: [rec]2. It was pretty awesome.

TSS: Any movies you are ashamed to admit you liked?

EL: Hmmm. I would have to say She-Creature. It had Carla Gugino and Rufus Sewel in it, so a good cast. The FX were not great but the story was really fascinating. However I can never convince people to give it a shot. A movie about a killer mermaid just sounds too hokey for most people.

TSS: Any movies you are eagerly anticipating?

EL: Hisss. Focuses on the myth of the Naga. Looks to be a very interesting story. All the pictures and trailers I have seen are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to hear what you think!